It’s obviously been several weeks (nearly two months!) since my last update. So much for that three month string of weekly posts! No deep or hidden reason – work got busy, we were preparing to go away on a family holiday, and I just didn’t have enough time to work on anything. In fact, we’re still away as I write this post.
But… I’m back now. And it turns out I have some serious work ahead of me.
You see, a few weeks ago there was an announcement – PAX Collaboratory is a new feature at PAX this year, helping to bring attention and support to local game designers and their projects. In a fit of misguided self confidence, I submitted Bounty – a project that I haven’t even posted about here outside of my initial brain-dump of active development ideas when I put the Projects page together.
Today, I received an email, and for some reason the Powers that Be accepted my submission.
Here’s a sequence of events as they occurred:
- Eat a picnic lunch on the grounds of the Australian War Memorial with the family (It’s gorgeous and humbling and so many other emotions. If you’ve never been, go.)
- Noticed people posting in the Tabletop Game Designers Australia group that their submissions had been accepted.
- Idly pass off the fact that I hadn’t received an email, because I truly wasn’t expecting to.
- Realise my email only refreshes every hour, and people have only been posting for the last 25 minutes.
- Check my email – yep, there it is. That’s no doubt the “thanks, but no…” email.
- Open the email.
- Choke on my salad a little when I see that there are times allocated.
- Realise how utterly unprepared I am.
- Tunnel vision a little as my brain shuts down non-essential processes such as vision. Was it lack of air from the choking on the salad? Or was my brain diverting all spare CPU cycles to timeframes, project development, and planning? Pft, who needs vision anyway?
- Hyperventilate as I manage to dislodge the salad.
- Catch my breath, and tell the family the good news.
I don’t think I can stress enough how much I have to do, keeping in mind that as of right now, PAX is only 2.5 weeks away.
I guess I better get off here and get back to work, otherwise nothing will get done at all! Check back for details about Bounty Real Soon Now ™, and I hope to see some of you at PAX in Melbourne, 26-28 October!tface