Bring a point of difference to your next RPG session with HexTerra, a modular hex-based tile system for RPG terrain.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for is here! Announcing… HexTerra!
Available now on DriveThruRPG as “Pay What You Want”, there is literally no reason not to grab it and give it a try.
- Don’t have a printer? Buy one!
- No time around all your other printing projects? Cancel them!
- Your next session is tonight? Just schedule another game!
- You use a square grid? Then it’s time you learn how awesome those two extra sides can be!
What started out as a flight of fancy (like all my other projects) rapidly took shape as I found myself spending all my time on designing an interlocking hex-based terrain system instead of focusing on adult responsibilities.
Hexes are elegant, eyecatching and somewhat more natural than squares. While squares are great for man-made environments, hexes provide more freedom of movement and layout options for natural environments.
The initial base set contains 36 files for 3D printing – 7 shapes x 5 heights, plus a clip.
- 10mm (base/ground)
I’m hoping to find time to work on a set of dressing pieces that work in conjunction with the hex arrangement. Think trees, rocks, plant life, and various structures.
Supports will be required for a clean print, with two options depending on user preference:
- Print upright for a smoother surface finish, but increasing time and support material (Support density ~5%).
- Print upside down for a slightly faster and more economical print (Support density ~10%)
Files are provided in “upside down” orientation by default.
It is recommended to build a large, flat surface, then build upon this level.
“Ground level” pieces can be clipped together using the provided clip.
Pieces placed upon the ground level will lock into place.
Due to printing tolerances, some individual pieces may clip and lock into place much better when placed adjacent to other pieces on the same level.
So what are you waiting for? Grab a copy, get to printing, and please leave a review on DriveThruRPG!